AccruBit Social Policy
The guidelines below govern the social moderation of comments on articles and in our education center. We aim to encourage intelligent and hopefully prosperous discourse, so the comments section is both useful and inviting for all participants.
- Any derogatory comments based on background, race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation will not be tolerated.
- We do not tolerate comments which can be interpreted as violent threats.
- We do not allow begging for tips/money, eg pasting wallet addresses of digital currencies.
- Personal, vindictive attacks on public figures, authors or other users will not be tolerated. People should not to be afraid to post comments for fear of mindless abuse from others.
- Constructive feedback and criticism are welcome, but smear tactics and mud-slinging are not acceptable. Other forms of persistent misrepresentation of AccruBit, and those involved with the platform will not be tolerated.
- When making claims about cryptocurrencies and the blockchain, any comments without sources will be deleted. AccruBit is a place for accuracy and verification of data, this is what our community values on our site.
- Spam and other commercial comments will not be tolerated. This will cause you to be added to the blacklist if there are repeat offenses. All comments with links pass through moderation, so please be patient with moderators. This is to weed out scams and nefarious sources.
- Comments that are relevant to the article are more likely to be accepted.
- Please make sure your username and email are not offensive or overly promotional. These comments are more likely to enter the moderation queue before being accepted. If you are representing a company or official source, you must reach out to have your account verified by our team.
- Please do not use URLs as your username. Your comments WILL be deleted.
- Do not copy/paste the same comment into every thread.
- Do not paste links with no explanation as to what you are posting.
- Constant trolling of others to get into arguments will be noticed. The appropriate action will be taken.
- Duplicate comments will be discarded.
- Claiming copyrighted content as your own or hijacking posts and material for financial gain will result in a permanent ban.
- Take time with what you are writing: we want to have a community of sound minded investors and enthusiasts, so make sure people understand your position.
- Try to write with maturity and be reasonable to others. Make your comment worthwhile, and keep it on topic.
- If you spot an issue with an article, please contact the team so it may be corrected as soon as possible.
- The upvote and downvote arrows are there for a reason – use them.
- Particularly insightful and well-written submissions are more likely to be chosen as 'featured' comments.
- We are a US-based site, so moderation may be quicker during US working hours. We do have a team located in different timezones, but we cannot always moderate comments 24/7. So please be patient.
- If you believe an article to be inaccurate or false in reporting, please review the sources and supply legitimate rebuttal with your own sources. We welcome any and all debate so long as it is mature and scientific in execution.
- Please remember that the views and opinions of many authors do not reflect the views of AccruBit as a whole. We all have that one AltCoin we love for no good reason.
- Do report (flag) any comment you deem unacceptable, or email us at email@example.com with any issues you spot in the comments section.
- Repetitive spammy comments and links to the latest altcoin or product will likely have a detrimental effect on any future coverage.
- Regular commenters using their own name or that have a Disqus account with excellent history are more like to be "whitelisted', and avoid moderation queues.
- Official Company commenters will be "whitelisted" so long as they do not violate this social policy and the ToS of Accrubit Sites as a whole.
We welcome feedback on these policies.