AccruBit Editorial Policy
AccruBit's mission is to provide reliable, accurate, and practical education surrounding blockchain technology and the cryptocurrency movement for a more realistic and trustworthy digital economy. We want to cut straight through the noise of marketing and speculation and give people, businesses, and governments actionable information in which they can immediately put to use.
We maintain principles of fairness, accuracy, objectivity and responsible content curation. We uphold principles of excellence in building the most accurate and precise education possible, this includes both original content and in reviewing and corroborating information from other sources.
The editorial team will cover guides with objectivity and integrity, without influence of the publisher or its owners and investors.
- AccruBit does accept payment as an affiliate for exchanges and products we believe are the best. If at anytime a product or service isn't the best choice for a specific scenario, we will not advertise them as such. Affiliate commissions are important to our business, but we treat them as objectively as any other.
- AccruBit does not currently accept payment in return for advertising placements on AccruBit Sites. It is important to us to have an excellent user experience, and as an educational business we do not believe placing ads on our site is good for the education and growth of our users.
- AccruBit does not make claims without having reputable sources cited, stored, and explained. We believe in the scientific process, and strongly dislike businesses who make baseless claims with little proof. We are better than this.
- We also accept payment for the publication of factual and informative press releases within the News section of the site. We strive to ensure press releases are clearly marked, void of unverifiable claims, and adequately labeled. We only work with companies that have legitimate businesses and use cases.
All editorial team members and writers for AccruBit disclose investments and activities associated with digital currency.
The following FAQs are intended to provide additional clarity on AccruBit, its leadership and the investments of its owners.
Included are answers to common questions about the activities of AccruBit and its owners with respect to the digital currency and blockchain-based asset markets.
Who Owns AccruBit?
AccruBit was started in 2017 by former U.S. Marine and Information Technology enthusiast Kyle May. The company is funded by insomnia, hard work, and a depreciating bank account, so feel free to send him some bitcoin.
Do AccruBit Employees Own or Trade Digital Currencies?
AccruBit employees are not restricted from owning or investing in digital currencies or blockchain-based projects as investments. Furthermore, we encourage our employees to be invested in a currency or project in order to have a strong understanding of the difficult and volatile nature of the market, which is still a very niche subset of the global economy.
With that said, AccruBit has disclosure guidelines that all contributors must follow when reporting on digital currencies or tokens in which they are invested.
- AccruBit Contributors who write about projects or startups in which they have invested must disclose those investments in their user bios, which can be accessed freely by clicking on their byline.
- AccruBit contributors may use, purchase or handle digital currencies in conjunction with researching or reporting on a story.
- AccruBit contributors who own digital currencies or tokens in material amounts (defined as more than $500) are required to disclose this information in their user bios.
- AccruBit contributors who are invested in a topic they are reporting on must have their work cross-evaluated by a non invested party prior to publication to confirm the accuracy and precision of the reporting.
Does AccruBit Endorse Any Digital Currencies?
AccruBit does not take positions on the economic value on any given digital currency or blockchain project, however you may notice that we place more focus on some cryptocurrencies and blockchain projects than others. This is not meant to be viewed as a favored position, but instead as a reflection of the current market caps and growth surrounding them at the time.
How Does AccruBit Make Money?
AccruBit earns money through mining, nodes, consulting, blockchain storage merchandise, and occasionally educational material.
The company does not trade or invest in digital currency markets. The company does not own or hold positions in any digital currencies, nor is it active in any digital currency markets.
AccruBit accepts payment in USD, BTC, a nd ETH across its product lines. However, we work with payment processors to instantly convert those funds to USD on a scheduled basis.
Have additional questions? Email us at email@example.com!